it all started with this:
|>>Click to watch preview<<|
i hate juicing vegetables
with or without fruit added into the juice, i hate it. so the juicing lasted for a week. then i ate just fruits and veggies for another week. tomorrow (friday), i END THE MISERY!
before i move onto the exciting things to come, here is what i experienced:
1. i am now convinced of the benefit and necessity to eat more nonprocessed foods. i'll get on a soapbox about it if you let me.
2. i lost weight
3. i was EXCRUCIATINGLY tempted.
4. i have more energy and less lethargy than ever - in my life!
5. i have less headaches. i get them almost every other day, usually.
6. it is easier to wake up in the morning.
7. i learned to like veggies more. not all of them, mind you. but i was an avid veggie hater before. who knew i liked broccoli? i didn't.
that said, my plan is to continue eating as many nonprocessed/sugary foods as possible (moderation of course). i am going to attempt the impossible.... eating clean while maintaining a decent grocery budget. i'm scared! I'm especially thankful for the gracious pantry. i am actually looking forward to the recipes and the options available and still eating clean!
anyway. what i've REALLY been thinking about for the past two weeks is:
popcorn. pepperoni and pineapple pizza. thin mint frozen custard from andy's. bagels. pecan sticky buns. cream cheese frosting. pizza crescent roll ups. enchiladas. bailey's. newk's q sandwich. cannoli.
if you follow me on pinterest, you probably saw an increase in the amount of food i pinned. call it my coping mechanism. or call it lust. either way, i won't be eating any of these for a while. so bring on the pins!
p.s. - i turn 24 on saturday. twenty four. as i almost 25. as in almost 30. yes i'm a christian, trust the Lord, and am TERRIFIED of dying and aging. bring back 21. now that was a fun age. i could hang out there a little longer.
(or "lates" as my huzband likes to abrev)